Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nesey Gallons: Eyes & Eyes & Eyes Ago (2009)


I've had this album for some times, but have, truthfully, been scared to share. As far as I am aware, it has not spread out around the internet yet, and I did not want to be the first one to give it away. However, this album needs to be heard-- and I am aware that a number of individuals were hesitant to make a purchase without hearing it in advance.

Eyes is the best album I have bought in a very long time. I do find it to be either love or hate, and I am completely on the loving side of the fence. The first adjective that comes to mind when I move to describe it is 'darling'; the disc is incredibly sweet (made moreso by the homemade packaging-- held together by scotch tape) and a tad unsettling. There is a curious heartbreaking quality to it and one feels like maybe they ought to be crying-- even though it is far from depressing. It is something best listened to without distractions, preferably in a dark room, maybe while you're half-asleep.

While you're buying this one, also make sure you pick up the equally poignant Two Bicyles and Somewhere We Both Walk... Except apparently hurrahforkaramazov.com is down and the album is being properly released on September 8th.


No comments:

Post a Comment