Monday, July 20, 2009

Sebadoh: Bakesale (1994)


I'm not exactly sure what propelled me to upload this particular album (I favour 1991's Sebadoh III), but here is 1994's Sebadoh album Bakesale. According it Wikipedia, this disc made it to number fourty on the charts. I'm impressed.

If, for some reason, you're not familiar with Sebadoh, they're a musical project of Dinosaur Jr bassist Lou Barlow (who just happens be the spit and image of James Potter; I had to mention this)-- who needed a songwriting outlet because J Mascis is an asshole. Barlow was even kicked out of Dinosaur Jr for his musical venturing.

Sebadoh were one of the pioneers of lo-fi-- although Bakesale is something of a cleaner album, as Sebadoh goes. I wouldn't consider this particular disc a lo-fi album, but you may as well know what you're missing out on.

Drummer Eric Gaffney has a present musical project-- Fields of Gaffney-- with the sketchiest website ever.
No, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment